I sit in comfort—bug bites notwithstanding.
I look at both these doors and contemplate.
Why hurry? I need better understanding.
At any time I choose I'll end my wait.
What's that? A creature moving fast towards me?
With snarling teeth and rib cage well defined?
Is now the time I ought to find my hurry?
And run towards the door that's always shined?
No way! I won't be bullied. I won't go!
And if I'm still he'll just be on his way.
And though he's started gnawing at my toes...
It's likely just a snack he wants today.
A little longer, I'll know what to do.
Hey, where's my leg? I thought that I had two!
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
At the Edges of Faerie
For anyone still checking this site, I’ve been writing at my new blog, At the Edges of Faerie, since July of 2023. Come say hi. https://op...
-
As Christians we are called to discernment and to speak the truth when we see it. With that said: The dishwasher is a monument to th...
-
Many Christians seem to dismiss the greatest aspects of our mortal life as only a temporary necessity—like rockets discarded in space after ...
-
That God inspires courage I've no doubt, For what could be more beautiful than this? To stand up straight when dark winds blow about, An...
No comments:
Post a Comment