Monday, August 14, 2023

Carl

Carl quickened his pace as he headed for the airport.

“Good luck Carl!” Everyone cheered. “You got this!”

Optimism fueled him as his tiny bug feet clicked on the ground. He was not going to take no for an answer. He would be the first bug pilot in the world. His time had come.

6 1/2 weeks later he arrived at the airport. Another 4 days and he found his way to the terminal and finally inside an airplane. By the time he found his way to the cockpit the airplane was already above the clouds.

“Let me fly!” he shouted to the pilot.

“Who said that?”

“Down here! My whole life I’ve wanted to be a pilot. I know I can do it. Just give me a chance.”

The pilots jaw dropped. “A… a talking bug?”

“Yes! Let me fly!”

“I can’t let a bug fly. That’s absurd!”

“And so is a talking bug,” Carl said, “but here we are.”

The pilot surprised himself when he got out of the seat, saluted Carl, and said, with tears in his eyes, “She’s all yours… captain.”

312 souls were lost that day when the plane smashed into the side of the mountain. But Carl died with a smile on his little bug face. He did it. First bug pilot in the world.

No comments:

Stray

 The writer was enjoying a nice stroll when he spotted the story on the side of the road. Cute little thing, he thought. Looks hungry too. H...